Today marks two years since my first post, on literary influences on my gaming. The immediate impetus to begin was a post on media influences by James Raggi. At that time I had been reading a handful of old school blogs, principally Lamentations of the Flame Princes, Grognardia, and the now gone Wilderlands/OD&D blog by HUGE RUINED PILE’s Scott.
Excluding this post there have been 179 entries. I didn’t start using any tracking software until November 30, 2009 when I added Google Analytics which has run except for one day when I broke it while changing templates. As I write I’ve had 18,063 page views over 12,932 visits.
Top five popular posts:
- Miss Manners Wouldn’t Play D&D with 666 page views. This should surprise no one.
- Inspirational Art: Ken Kelly with 629 page views. This post almost always has at least one view a day and will probably over take the Miss Manners post by year’s end.
- An Adult Hobby Now? with 477 page views. This is quite a surprise for an off the cuff post.
- Not A Golden Age But A Gilded Agewith 315 page views.
- The Current TARGA BS with 252 page views. Scandal always sells.
Top five traffic sources:
- Direct (no link)
- Lamentations of the Flame Princess (I’m big in Finland!)
- Jeff’s Gamesblog
Here’s hoping you’ll still be here in another two years and here’s hoping I have more than doubled the number of useful posts as well as improved the signal to noise ratio.